Volunteer with Meals on Wheels
Volunteers are the heart of Meals on Wheels. As a volunteer, you are responsible for delivering meals to seniors, elders, people living with disabilities and people recovering from injuries, all within your neighbourhood.
- Two hours of your time once a week or twice a month
- A valid driver’s license
- A vehicle or partner willing to drive
- Three references
You don’t have to volunteer year-round to make a difference. If you can drive for a couple of weeks, a month or a season, we’d love to have you on our team.
What Do Volunteers Do?
- Deliver 10 to 20 meals between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Volunteer on weekdays and/or weekends at a frequency that suits you
- Pick up meals from one of our 13 delivery centres across Winnipeg and deliver to the neighbourhood of your choice
- Enjoy a flexible schedule
- Receive a gasoline honorarium for each route you serve
Does your company encourage volunteering? Why not organize a group in your office to share a Meals on Wheels delivery route over lunch breaks? By volunteering once a week or twice a month, your company can have a big impact on your community. Why Volunteer?
- Help individuals in your community enjoy healthy, independent living
- Assist families in answering the growing needs of their loved one
- Meet new people in your neighbourhood
- Keep active with light exercise at your own pace
- Complete the volunteer hours required by your education programs
- Make a difference without making a huge commitment
For more information visit our site at www.mealswinnipeg.com or call our office at 204-956-7711.
If you would like to participate in volunteer phoning to a senior or isolated person, please contact Einat Paz, JCFS Coordinator of Volunteer Services at or Sam Slutchuk, Administrative Associate at the Jewish Federation of Winnipeg at .
Volunteer Manitoba is the leader and catalyst for engaging all Manitobans in volunteerism. Our vital contributions to the community include connecting people with volunteer opportunities, promoting volunteerism, and providing leadership and counsel in the voluntary/non-profit sector. Organizations can recruit volunteers by posting opportunities on our website: http://www.volunteermanitoba.ca/volunteer_opportunities.php